Sprinkles:The Wit and Wisdom of CupCakes

Thursday, June 08, 2006

David Beckham Gossip and the Best Non-Burger Joint Burger Joint


Last night my friend Jaymee and I decided to go out to dinner to catch up. I had remembered this few weeks ago she had raved about the new restaurant in front of the Roosevelt 25 DEGREES. She claimed it had been the best burger she had ever had, so of course I had to check it out. I was first struck by the Moulin Rouge style décor and large overstuffed booths (They do serve burgers here right?), but when both our water and wine arrived in jugs I knew I had an experience awaiting me. I’m not sure if I was just buzzed from the wine or it was that fact I had barely eaten all day, but when I finished my burger I had no choice but to agree it was the best I had ever had.

After dinner Jaymee, Myself and her friend Cheryl all headed over to one of my favorite spots, Citizen Smith. It was there that I came across the most interesting information I have heard in a long time. Towards the end of the evening (around 1:30am) I met a man from Portugal. As soon as he mentioned this I brought up my favorite topic of the month – The World Cup. After discussing our top picks for this years winner, he tells me that he works in real estate and is actually out here looking for a house for the Beckham’s (as in David and Victoria) Apparently David has struck a deal with the Los Angeles Galaxy TO PLAY HERE IN 2007!!!
In order to get around the tight salary cap set by MLS, Beckham will play as an owner, being handed over 75% of the team! I have been researching this all morning and have yet to viably confirm, however for years we know Beckham has discussed playing in the US towards the end of his career and now it seems he might have found away around the cap; so it looks like HE'S COMING TO AMERICA!

(that or i am a gullible jackass, oh well)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home